Sunday, January 30, 2005

By the way...........

.....BUCK DHARMA RULES!!!!

In case you didn't already figure it out, one of my all-time favorite bands is Blue Oyster Cult or BOC.
There are several references to their lyrics on this page. Even the title of this
blog is the title of one of their songs.
I would not be surprised to find that a number of you only know them by the songs,
"Don't Fear The Reaper" or "Burnin' For You", or, if you're hardcore ;^), you may
even know the song "Godzilla"!!
Well, there's a lot more music by BOC than just those three songs. A lot of it, in
my opinion, is much better. I've been a fan and followed the band since about 1973
or so. Their first three albums have some of their best material. They were ahead of their time, no doubt.
If you ever get the chance, listen to these albums:

The songs to listen to in particular are:
Transmaniacom MC
I'm On The Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep
Then Came The Last Days Of May
Before The Kiss, A Redcap
Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll


Next is:

The songs to check here are:
The Red & The Black
Hot Rails To Hell
7 Screamin' Dizz-Busters
(Note: The "Red & The Black" on this album is a slightly re-vamped version of "I'm On
The Lamb...". It is also the inspiration for the title of this blog and past
web pages and message boards of mine. It is not related to my screen name-
that's a whole other story in itself!!)


Another great album is:

Here are the tunes to check on this one:
Actually, they are all good. You can skip "Cagey Cretins" and
"Harvester of Eyes". They just don't quite make it for some
reason.
However, my favorite, and way ahead of it's time, is, "Dominance
And Submission".


Well, that's your music appreciation for today. Now:

GO FORTH AND ROCK!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home